Pilgrim Virgin Home Visitation Program
The Pilgrim Virgin Home Visitation Program is a devotion promoted by the World Apostolate of Fatima as a worthy way to promote the Message of Our Lady of Fatima. The Pilgrim Statue travels from home to home and remains in the home for a week or two. The program offers families a wonderful opportunity to approach God through Our Lady. The primary purpose of the Home Visitation Program is to help families understand and respond to the requests made by the Blessed Virgin Mary during the apparitions at Fatima, Portugal.
The commitment required of those families desiring to welcome Mary into their homes is threefold.
- Pray the Rosary for Peace. She asked us to pray the Rosary every day.
- Make a special effort to avoid sin during her presence.
- Perform some form of penance or sacrifice during the week of her visit in reparation for sin.
A visitation will consist of the following:
- The Home Visitation Custodian escorts the Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Mary to the
home at the agreed date and time.
- The statue is enthroned and displayed at the location prepared by the family.
- A brief welcome prayer is recited by all present led by the head of the family
or his designate.
- Daily the family fulfills their commitment to pray the rosary together at a
- The Home Visitation Custodian returns to the home, leads a short concluding
prayer service, and escorts the Pilgrim Virgin Statue to the next family’s home.
To arrange for a home family visitation please contact: Kathryn DeCapite